Subject: Re: [Leica] Flakes in lens
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:39:16 +0200

Hi all! I had a Summicron 50mm from the late fifties that was/become
completely fungus infested but photographing mainly out of doors at mid=
dle
apertures I could not detect anything in the slides. When the defect wa=
shown to me I was shocked and exchanged it immediately for an example f=
rom
1976 - so I have shots made with both lenses and with Summicron 90mm on=
 the
same roll of slides and the differences are really minimal - perhaps a
slightly lower contrast. I=B4m a bit confused now but I=B4d expect that=
 you do
not see any defects on film. Raimo=20