Subject: Re: [Leica] new M6 user questions
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 18:30:14 -0600

At 01:27 PM 21/05/98 -0400, you wrote:
>#2:  Does it seem strange that the 0.85 version
>of the M6 comes only in black?  I emailed to Leica,
>and they advised there is no plan to make a chrome
>version available.  Any comment on this?

They sell more black bodies than anything else.  If demand were high
enough, they would likely make it available in chrome next, and then
possibly even in titanium.  The cautious approach is to release the camera
in black only, then later announce the availability of the "new" 0.85
chrome body.  It is one way to have something "new" to show at Photokina
each year.  They seem to be doing the same thing with some of their lenses.

- -GH