Subject: Re: [Leica] Elite chrome 200
From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@ricochet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 18:05:10 -0700

Dick---
	I wondered the same thing about Elite Chrome 200 (amateur version of
E200?), so I called the Kodak tech support line, and they confirmed they're
the same, with E200 more rigorously tested and stored. Haven't seen too
much Elite Chrome 200 on the shelves here, as I suspect the dealers are
running off their stocks of Elite II 200, so I've been shooting (more
expensive) E200.
	I like it. Very fine grain for even a slower film, colors aren't over the
top, and you can shoot it on a sunny day. My standard high-speed color film
(when I shoot color, anyway) is K200, but it has too much contrast in
bright light for my tastes -- you can't pick out anything in the shadows if
you expose for the highlights. K200 pushes to EI 400 quite well, though --
haven't tried pushing E200 yet.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.