Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Winder Notes
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 21:02:49 +0100

Brad Bunnin wrote:

>I'm seriously considering buying an R8 for macro and tele use. Are there
>any handling or operational idosyncracies I should know about? I'm
>left-eyed. <s>

Hi Brad,

From a left eyed R8 user! :)

Good choice of camera and with the winder it is just dandy for a left eyed
photog. Just make sure you bend your nose the right direction when pressing
your eye to the viewfinder. :)

I use everything from a 15mm to a 400 2.8 and with extenders, it's great.
One suggestion if you are going to work in macro and tele stuff, order your
camera with the matt screen or order the screen separately, as it is the
only way to use the R8 for that kind of shooting.

ted