Subject: Re: [Leica] Autofocusing
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 23:33:26 -0500

At 02:41 PM 5/22/98 -0400, you wrote:

>When I first took the leap into SLRs (for longer lenses, mostly) the thing
>that annoyed me most was the lack of certainty with focussing, the way that

It's not that simple. With SLRs, the advantage is theirs with lenses of
90mm and longer. I would never try shooting basketball with an M camera
when it's so much easier to do with an SLR. That is, with 90mm and longer
lenses. The advantage of being able to focus anywhere on the screen is
significant. But the M is certianly faster and more sure with normal and
wide lenses. No doubt about it.

>P.S. I still use the M-camera for much of my work, because it is still less
>threatening to point one at someone than a big bayyery-powered beast. These
>are the trade-offs. I bet Solms will have to go for it eventually...

They have said all along they will, when the technology meets their standards.
- --

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Pi R Squared? No Pi R round, Cornbread R Square!