Subject: [Leica] Leica M6 starter Kit
From: "Ron K. Miller" <rkmiller001@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 11:56:55 -0700

Hi to LUGgers out there!
I think I'll soon be joining the club. It's was hard to resist checking
the users-digest everyday. Love the voracious and good-natured Q&As that
go on. However before getting the M6, I'd like to get further
clarification on a few issues  and  would like advice on buying lens and
accessories:

I own a Bogen 3001, but don't know if the  M6 baseplate will adapt.
Recommend a lighter one for travelling overseas?

Need recommendations on  filters /  brand  for B&W & colour photography.

Handy high quality flash for travelling?

Which version of the current model of M6 should I get?.  I heard there
are two viewfinder magnifications.  I would appreciate if anyone could
steer me in the right direction.  Worried that the viewfinder is not
bright enough since I'm used to an SLR viewfinder.

Any suggestions a wide /normal lens?  Thinking of a 35mm (after reading
Elwin's report on 35mm) but need guidance in picking one out for a
beginner.  The 35mm f1.4 ASPH is too expensive for now. I'm used to
working with a Canon 55mm f/1.2 and tend to use the widest setting.
(photography subjects range across the board, for now)

Is a used 90mm f/2 at $900 reasonable (rating "9")

Since I'm used to the 55mm angle, and might get a 90mm lens, any
suggestions on a 3-lens wide/norm combo that might incorporate the 50mm
lenses?   A 50mm Noctilux was suggested but am deferring that choice
since it weighs far more than I'm willing to carry while travelling in
Quebec this June. Besides it's "expensive" even at used prices.

TIA
BeeLian