Subject: Re: [Leica] [Fwd: eBay Auction Ended - Item 14474820: LEICA LENS COUPLER M MOUNT]
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 12:34:08 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Hi Luggers,
>
> I have recently started hanging around the eBay auctions, and have even bid
> on some items. The other day I received the following message from eBay
> concerning an auction I was the high bidder in. Has something similar
> happened to you?
>
> And this brings me to a more general question: how are people's experiences
> with the eBay community in general? Has anyone lost money to a fraudalent
> seller or been disappointed in some other way?
>
> Nathan Wajsman
> Overijse, Belgium

Hi Nathan,

I have bought several items on eBay without incident. Keep in mind that
eBay is essentially a facilitator between 2 private parties.  I always
check the feedback on a seller and use that as a rough guide, lots of
negative feedback raises a warning flag. I also sometimes email the
seller for more information.  A timely  response is a good sign.
Believe it or not I have gotten no response and passed on bidding on
that sellers sale.

Many sellers are in the USA so you should make sure that shipping costs
to you will be reasonable.

I looked at the auction you mentioned and its not clear why it was ended
early.  It looks like the seller may have made a mistake and listed the
same item twice. This happens, and usually the seller will end one of
the listings.

In your case the seller has the same item listed here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=14911823

Just email him and ask.  Remember its really a person to person thing.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

> aw-confirm@ebay.com wrote:
>
> > Dear Bidder on eBay auction #14474820,
> >
> > DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. SEE BELOW FOR INSTRUCTIONS
> > IF THERE IS A PROBLEM.
> >
> > The auction:
> >
> > 14474820        LEICA  LENS COUPLER M MOUNT
> >
> > on which you have bid, has been ended early by eBay. The auction has been
> > ended for any of several reason. eBay is not permitted to discuss
> > the reasons for any suspension.
> >
> > The results of this auction are null and void. The seller is under no
> > obligation to complete this sale. If you do decide to complete this sale,
> > you are doing so at your own risk. eBay has taken this action in the
> > interests of protecting all parties involved.

> Subject: eBay Auction Ended - Item 14474820: LEICA LENS COUPLER M MOUNT
> Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 06:28:33 +0200 (MET DST)
> From: aw-confirm@ebay.com
> To: nathan.wajsman@euronet.be
>
> Dear Bidder on eBay auction #14474820,
>
> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. SEE BELOW FOR INSTRUCTIONS
> IF THERE IS A PROBLEM.
>
> The auction:
>
> 14474820        LEICA  LENS COUPLER M MOUNT
>
> on which you have bid, has been ended early by eBay. The auction has been
> ended for any of several reason. eBay is not permitted to discuss
> the reasons for any suspension.
>
> The results of this auction are null and void. The seller is under no
> obligation to complete this sale. If you do decide to complete this sale,
> you are doing so at your own risk. eBay has taken this action in the
> interests of protecting all parties involved.

- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown