Subject: Re: [Leica] [Fwd: eBay Auction Ended - Item 14474820: LEICA LENS COUPLER M MOUNT]
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 19:27:38 +0200

- --------------51E5C65579913DA064434447

Dennis,

Thanks for checking it out. In the meantime, I have ordered the coupler through a
dealer here in Belgium, so I am no longer interested in that particular auction.
I was just curious. I fully agree with your approach of not bidding if you pose
the seller a question and he does not respond quickly.

Nathan

Dennis Painter wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> I have bought several items on eBay without incident. Keep in mind that
> eBay is essentially a facilitator between 2 private parties.  I always
> check the feedback on a seller and use that as a rough guide, lots of
> negative feedback raises a warning flag. I also sometimes email the
> seller for more information.  A timely  response is a good sign.
> Believe it or not I have gotten no response and passed on bidding on
> that sellers sale.
>
> Many sellers are in the USA so you should make sure that shipping costs
> to you will be reasonable.
>
> I looked at the auction you mentioned and its not clear why it was ended
> early.  It looks like the seller may have made a mistake and listed the
> same item twice. This happens, and usually the seller will end one of
> the listings.
>
> In your case the seller has the same item listed here:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=14911823
>
> Just email him and ask.  Remember its really a person to person thing.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Dennis
>

> > aw-confirm@ebay.com wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Bidder on eBay auction #14474820,
> > >
> > > DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. SEE BELOW FOR INSTRUCTIONS
> > > IF THERE IS A PROBLEM.
> > >
> > > The auction:
> > >
> > > 14474820        LEICA  LENS COUPLER M MOUNT
> > >
> > > on which you have bid, has been ended early by eBay. The auction has been
> > > ended for any of several reason. eBay is not permitted to discuss
> > > the reasons for any suspension.
> > >
> > > The results of this auction are null and void. The seller is under no
> > > obligation to complete this sale. If you do decide to complete this sale,
> > > you are doing so at your own risk. eBay has taken this action in the
> > > interests of protecting all parties involved.
> >
> >     ---------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Subject: eBay Auction Ended - Item 14474820: LEICA LENS COUPLER M MOUNT
> > Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 06:28:33 +0200 (MET DST)
> > From: aw-confirm@ebay.com
> > To: nathan.wajsman@euronet.be
> >
> > Dear Bidder on eBay auction #14474820,
> >
> > DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. SEE BELOW FOR INSTRUCTIONS
> > IF THERE IS A PROBLEM.
> >
> > The auction:
> >
> > 14474820        LEICA  LENS COUPLER M MOUNT
> >
> > on which you have bid, has been ended early by eBay. The auction has been
> > ended for any of several reason. eBay is not permitted to discuss
> > the reasons for any suspension.
> >
> > The results of this auction are null and void. The seller is under no
> > obligation to complete this sale. If you do decide to complete this sale,
> > you are doing so at your own risk. eBay has taken this action in the
> > interests of protecting all parties involved.
>
> --
> Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
> -unknown

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium

Photography page:  http://members.tripod.com/~belgiangator/index.html
Motorcycle page:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/1704/index.html

- --------------51E5C65579913DA064434447

<HTML>
Dennis,

<P>Thanks for checking it out. In the meantime, I have ordered the coupler
through a dealer here in Belgium, so I am no longer interested in that
particular auction. I was just curious. I fully agree with your approach
of not bidding if you pose the seller a question and he does not respond
quickly.

<P>Nathan

<P>Dennis Painter wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Hi Nathan,

<P>I have bought several items on eBay without incident. Keep in mind that
<BR>eBay is essentially a facilitator between 2 private parties.&nbsp;
I always
<BR>check the feedback on a seller and use that as a rough guide, lots
of
<BR>negative feedback raises a warning flag. I also sometimes email the
<BR>seller for more information.&nbsp; A timely&nbsp; response is a good
sign.
<BR>Believe it or not I have gotten no response and passed on bidding on
<BR>that sellers sale.

<P>Many sellers are in the USA so you should make sure that shipping costs
<BR>to you will be reasonable.

<P>I looked at the auction you mentioned and its not clear why it was ended
<BR>early.&nbsp; It looks like the seller may have made a mistake and listed
the
<BR>same item twice. This happens, and usually the seller will end one
of
<BR>the listings.

<P>In your case the seller has the same item listed here:

<P><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=14911823">http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=14911823</A>

<P>Just email him and ask.&nbsp; Remember its really a person to person
thing.

<P>Hope this helps.

<P>Dennis

<P>>
<BR>> aw-confirm@ebay.com wrote:
<BR>>
<BR>> > Dear Bidder on eBay auction #14474820,
<BR>> >
<BR>> > DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. SEE BELOW FOR INSTRUCTIONS
<BR>> > IF THERE IS A PROBLEM.
<BR>> >
<BR>> > The auction:
<BR>> >
<BR>> > 14474820&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; LEICA&nbsp;
LENS COUPLER M MOUNT
<BR>> >
<BR>> > on which you have bid, has been ended early by eBay. The auction
has been
<BR>> > ended for any of several reason. eBay is not permitted to discuss
<BR>> > the reasons for any suspension.
<BR>> >
<BR>> > The results of this auction are null and void. The seller is under
no
<BR>> > obligation to complete this sale. If you do decide to complete
this sale,
<BR>> > you are doing so at your own risk. eBay has taken this action in
the
<BR>> > interests of protecting all parties involved.
<BR>>
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ---------------------------------------------------------------
<BR>>
<BR>> Subject: eBay Auction Ended - Item 14474820: LEICA LENS COUPLER M
MOUNT
<BR>> Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 06:28:33 +0200 (MET DST)
<BR>> From: aw-confirm@ebay.com
<BR>> To: nathan.wajsman@euronet.be
[...]

<P>--
<BR>Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
<BR>-unknown</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;

<P>--
<BR>Nathan Wajsman