Subject: Re: [Leica] Age
From: fbrunell@bonzai.net (Francois Brunelle)
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 02:09:20 -0400

- --------------A0BC9966FA28AD9A6C37F4C3

I do not know if you are aware of this, but this list must be one of  the most
interesting around.  Many of the other lists are mostly talking about test this
and test that, brand C, brand N  etc...  It gives me great pleasure to read you
as I find a lot of human emotion in the postings...and common sense.  I am
still counting my beans towards the purchase of an M6 but I will keep reading
on.
Just tought you ought to know.
Thank you,
Francois Brunelle

Ted Grant wrote:

> Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>
> >I find this whole discussion amusing. For what it's worth, I am 37--is
> >that old?>>>>>
>
> Nope, not in numbers, but with the "wrong attitude" you can be way over the
> hill! :) I've met lots of guys 40
>
> >By the way, my 9-year old loves my Leica...>>>>>>>
>
> Well nows the time to get him started! My four children all grew-up with
> Leicas and in the darkroom. They all know how to shoot and two of them are
> OK, one is a mother family shooter of her children and the other is an
> exceptional photographer.  To-day I've got ten grand children and three of
> them know how to "play with Leicas" :) I should say know how to use them
> very well, of the three 2 become teen agers this year.
>
> So get your boy doing his picture taking with you and you'll have a greater
> closeness with him. Trust me, this is one I really know what I'm talking
> about.
>
> Particularly when number 2 son is one of the finest sports photographers
> I've ever seen.  (I know I sound bias!) :) But every Olympics and other
> international games we have worked on for clients over the past 12 years he
> has shot my butt off! So what else can I say.:)
>
> It still comes down to:  you're only as old as your attitude!
>
> Ted Grant
> This is Our Work. The Legacy of Sir William Osler.
> http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

- --------------A0BC9966FA28AD9A6C37F4C3

<HTML>
I do not know if you are aware of this, but this list must be one of&nbsp;
the most interesting around.&nbsp; Many of the other lists are mostly talking
about <I>test this</I> and <I>test that, brand C, brand N&nbsp; </I>etc...&nbsp;
It gives me great pleasure to read you as I find a lot of human emotion
in the postings...and common sense.&nbsp; I am still counting my beans
towards the purchase of an M6 but I will keep reading on.
<BR>Just tought you ought to know.
<BR>Thank you,
<BR>Francois Brunelle

<P>Ted Grant wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Nathan Wajsman wrote:

<P>>I find this whole discussion amusing. For what it's worth, I am 37--is
<BR>>that old?>>>>>

<P>Nope, not in numbers, but with the "wrong attitude" you can be way over
the
<BR>hill! :) I've met lots of guys 40

<P>>By the way, my 9-year old loves my Leica...>>>>>>>

<P>Well nows the time to get him started! My four children all grew-up
with
<BR>Leicas and in the darkroom. They all know how to shoot and two of them
are
<BR>OK, one is a mother family shooter of her children and the other is
an
<BR>exceptional photographer.&nbsp; To-day I've got ten grand children
and three of
<BR>them know how to "play with Leicas" :) I should say know how to use
them
<BR>very well, of the three 2 become teen agers this year.

<P>So get your boy doing his picture taking with you and you'll have a
greater
<BR>closeness with him. Trust me, this is one I really know what I'm talking
<BR>about.

<P>Particularly when number 2 son is one of the finest sports photographers
<BR>I've ever seen.&nbsp; (I know I sound bias!) :) But every Olympics
and other
<BR>international games we have worked on for clients over the past 12
years he
<BR>has shot my butt off! So what else can I say.:)

<P>It still comes down to:&nbsp; you're only as old as your attitude!

<P>Ted Grant
<BR>This is Our Work. The Legacy of Sir William Osler.
<BR><A HREF="http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant">http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant</A></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------A0BC9966FA28AD9A6C37F4C3--