Subject: Re: [Leica] Unfettered truth
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 22:54:15 +0100

Carl wrote:

>Also known as the Heroin/Crack approach to marketing. Just a taste, he
>said. And then you're hooked. Powerless to resist the increasing craving
>for a greater and more powerful fix. Until you reach bottom- the low
>point of your addiction- a Noctilux! Right Mr. Grant? There's a room
>waiting for you at the Betty Ford clinic. :-) Take heed LUGgers. Be
>forewarned.

Carl,

You're absolutely right!!!! :) The craving never ends, it is heightened
yearly with the new this lens or that resolution solver, this one will give
you more squigglies per millimeter than the Canadian version of '74, the
motor will be here shortly so you better order it now to ensure you are the
new kid on the block!! :)

Aa your camera bag becomes heavier, your bank account lighter, your wife
threatens to leave you and return to her mother or worse, she'll have her
mother come to keep an eye on you and those damn Leicas!:)

Meanwhile you are attached to the computer screen sucking in all the LUG
wisdom and planning how to "get the new fix!"  An aspherical thing-a-me-bob
that will make you the picture taking genious you think you are. :)

Once you are Leica smitten, you are Leica bitten! They'll own your heart,
soul and all the money you can find!:)   Forever and ever and ever more!!
:)

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant