Subject: Re: [Leica] Angenieux zooms
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 06:59:42 +0000

Mr B.,

> Besides my kids currently having these lenses, I have, over the years, owned
> both. I like the two touch of the Angenieux but I don't like the plastic feel.
> The optics are extremely good. -snip-
> The Leica zoom is metal, smooth, and feels substantial. The
> opposite of the Angenieux.

Angenieux made two versions of their 70-210/3.5 zoom, the first had plastic focus and
zoom ring assemblies while the second had an entirely metal barrel. I own the second
version in Contax fit and I'm very happy with the quality of its 'feel', but not so happy
with its performance at the long end of the zoom range (obvious distortion and
vignetting. It is sharp at 210). How's yours at the long end?

Danny Gonzalez