Subject: Re: [Leica] Unfettered truth
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 22:51:28 EDT

<< The question is whether you really NEED 14 lenses to make good photographs,
and the answer is no. >>

Actually the reverse is true...

I'm not sure how many lenses HCB actually used, but I understand he mostly
used a 50.  When I moved into the M system, my first lens was a 50.  I had
thought, if just a 50 is good enough for HCB, a 50 is all I need!!  Well, I am
not that good, so I need a little help from varying angles of view, i.e., as
many lenses as I can afford!!  By virtue of the M system, you'll never get all
the shots.  In this way, the M6 and just two lenses thus far, has defintely
improved the quality of what I see [as a photographer] in the viewfinder, and
what ends up on the neg.

Cheers  Luggers,

Arturo

P.S. - Using just a 50 for the first 18 months of M ownership was a tremendous
dicipline!!