Subject: Re: [Leica]plutocrats
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 08:41:45 +0200

>Oh Alan - I fear you are a bit wrong there.

OK Adrian and others,  I'm not often right but I was wrong that time.
I can't help feeling that standards are falling rapidly and the
customer is being cheated.  Donal even mentions one charlaton producing
billboards from the 35mm negative.  These must be the ones I see in bus
shelters in Sweden.  If you are waiting for the bus it is impossible to
even detect form.  You have to stand on the other side of the street.

I received a house paint catalogue in the mail, where a photograph of a
house in different colours  (photoshop?) had LEANING VERTICALS,  In my
opinion this is professional suicide.  They may not realise that there
are a lot of hungry 35mm camera operators out there just waiting for
technical standards to drop low enough to let them in to the big money.

Roger on the PDN survey.  A bit like IBM (85% market) and the Seven
Dwarves (15% between them) a few years ago.

And Adrian, thanks for being polite about it.

Alan Hull