Subject: Re: [Leica] ANGENIEUX = TOKINA (off topic)
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 17:03:57 EDT

<<  The story I've heard -- and I wouldn't stake my life on its validity -- is
 > that Tokina designed the 28-70 f/2.8 and either licensed or sold the design
 > to Angenieux. When Angenieux discontinued the lens, Tokina took or bought
 > back that design and replaced their then-existing 28-70 f/2.8 (a different
 > Tokina design) with the design they had developed for Angenieux because
 > they felt the Angenieux optical design was better. >>

You know, I used to have the Angenieux 35-70 2.3-3.4 zoom lens with the Nikon
mount, mounted to an F3 w/motor drive.  This was 10-12 years ago.  My thought
with this was that I would have the performance of the Pro Nikon body with
Leica quality optics...I believe that IS what I got!!  It was a great camera
setup.

I would be blown away if this Tokina lens performed as well as my Angenieux
did!!

Arturo