Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8 design, Erwins design review
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 17:14:56 -0500

At 08:32 AM 5/28/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Nothing unusual about that.  Half the posts to the LUG concern whether or
>not there should be engraving on the camera, or if there should be a red
>spot, or if the black finish is black enough, or if the are plastic
>protective thingys over the strap lugs are ugly, etc.

Very good point. I just think buying the F5 over the R8 for it's looks
seems a bit nit-picky. Neither would win a beauty contest in most people's
eyes. But I think they both are two of the best cameras going. It's the
glass that should make or break that choice - and what kinds of things one
wants to do with them. Looks should be a distant fourth or fifth, if
photography is the main goal of owning it. :-)
- --
=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.