Subject: [Leica] Toms Soft Release / Ted & Marvins Habits
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 00:38:19 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/98 9:02:15 PM Pacific Time, Ted Grant wrote:
>  [snip]
>  I sent him an order for 5 as I hate taking things off and screwing them
>  into other bodies. Just like I hate fiddling around changing lenses and
>  that's why I have three bodies of everything. 4 in a few cases. If you
>  fiddle with one body you loose too many photo opportunities.
 It seems that Ted & I have more in common than our age. Many years ago
 I had a Leica with a tiny pin hole in the curtain, which caused a sun burst
 effect on some frames & not others.  I discovered that normally there was
 not enough ambient light coming through the lens to fog the film but when
 ever  I switched lenses, light poured in to cause a burst of fog on the film
 when stationary. FOR THIS REASON,  I then carried a body for each lens,
 when ever I could. This was not as expensive as it would seem today, as I
 didn't use the newest, "state of the art" lenses & could buy a Leica with 3
 lenses for what just one M6 body cost today.

 Marvin (pin hole) Moss