Subject: Re: [Leica] Superb Leica R8
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 09:27:36 -0700

Thomas,

I don't get these comments either.  I used the EOS gear before my switch to
Leica and really don't see that much difference inthe R8 and EOS 1. Both are
about the same thickness.The EOS 1 was a larger camera.  The R8 fits my
hands as well as any other camera has.  IMHO it fits the hand MUCH better
than say the R4,5,6 Nikon FM2, F3, F2 without motors do.  These cameras I
have always found almost impossible to use with out the accompanying grips
on the motors esp when used with long lenses.

For those who claim the R8 is so HUGE I want to know Have you looked at it
side to side with the F5 and EOS 1n???

At least with the R8 you can manually advance the film, manually rewind the
film.  This is a HUGE plus when shooting in places like court rooms where
noise is a major factor.

Thomas J. Donovan wrote:

> joy!  I just don't get all the pejorative comments. Are my hands

> that unique ;-)?

<nofill>
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto