Subject: Re: [Leica] MR meter coverage
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 11:01:10 -0500

Wolfgang,
The MC meter is a selenium meter and has a much broader field of view then
the MR/MR-4 meters.
I checked the Leica Manual from 1956 which discusses the MC meter but it
doesn't state what it's angle of view might be.  It does say to point the
meter slightly downward to avoid picking up reflection from the sky or to
walk up to your subject and meter both the subject and the background and
then to average the two readings.

The MC meter includes an incident light adapter which might work better
with this meter than using the meter in the reflected light mode.

When I had an MC meter, I used to meter the reflected light off the palm of
my hand and then alter the exposure a bit.  Sorry, I've forgotten just what
amount of change was necessary for the reflection of my skin tone but it
wasn't much.  I was able to obtain a surprising number of properly exposed
Kodachrome slides using this method.
Best Regards,
Bud