Subject: Re: [Leica] ZOOAN
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 15:49:57 -0400

The combination, to make a 4.5/135 Hektor work on a Visoflex II, IIa, or
III, would have to be 135mm from film plane to lens -- to make these
calculations easy, Leitz insisted on using HONEST long-focus lenses and
none of this short-circuit telephoto stuff which the lesser houses, such as
Zeiss and Schneider, used.

Let's try the math:

body depth, M camera:			  27.8mm
Visoflex depth, M Viso			  40.0mm
Your adapter				  49.0mm
	total to this point		116.8mm
remaining depth				    8.2mm

So, if your lens head sticks out more than 1/4", you're out of luck and
have the wrong adapter.  As I recall -- without running upstairs and
checking my 4/135 Elmar -- the Hektor lens head projects about an entire
inch.  So you probably have an adapter which is about 15mm or 20mm too thick.

Or could your problem be the OUBIO?  Are you sure this is an OUBIO?  It
should have this, or the later catalogue number, engraved on it.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!