Subject: [Leica] Le Mans Car & Leica-man in Bangkok
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 15:36:32 EDT

   In a message dated 5/30/98 10:17:00 AM, LEICAMAN56@aol.com writes:
> I think this is what drives many of us to both collect & use & I can admire
> other makes for their technological qualities, automation, etc. But they
just
> don't have that Leica feel.  It's difficult for me to get too excited about
> polycarbonate SLR & lens combination, but give me a Leica & that's a fine
> piece of machinery.  Sort of like the comparison between a plastic quartz
> watch and a fine mechanical, self-winding watch.  Anyway, those that
> understand these things will understand and those that don't, don't.
> ------- Bill Rosauer

 There is or was a well known man living in Thailand that is the poorer of two
 brothers, as he is worth only 50 million dollars.  On exhibit on his estate,
in
 addition to his fine Leica collection are many old retired Grand Prix cars.
 As far as I know from communicating with him about 10 years ago, he does
 not use a Leica nor has he ever drove at Le Mans.  "Those that understand
 these things will understand and those that don't, dont".
 ------------ Marvin (Eyeless in Gaza) Moss