Subject: Re: [Leica] trip to Armenia
From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@es.UCSC.EDU>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 15:13:09 -0800

>Great photo Charlie.  I plan on giving Astia a good try.  How would you
>compare
>it's color cast to that of Kodachrome 200?

Hmm. I've shot two rolls of Kodachrome 200 in my life. The colors produced
by Astia are a lot more attractive in my opinion. The grain is certainly
smaller. I would just give it a try.

>BTW, which version of the Summicron do you have for sale.  I believe that some
>or all of the first four versions were made in Canada.

It's the third version, I believe--the one just before the most recent
non-aspherical version. If I remember correctly it's the last version of
the 6 element design before the most recent (non-aspherical) 7 element
design. If you'd like I can send you the serial number tomorrow.

- -Charlie