Subject: [Leica] RF for Leica made before Camera & '32/'36 Olympics
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 22:20:00 EDT

 I received a call today and consequently sold to a LHSA member a Leica
 rangefinder with case, both in almost new condition cosidering that it was
 made in the years between 1924 & 1936.  The man asked about the extra
 clipp that was attached to it and in rechecking my research found that this
 rf was not originally made for the Leica (which didn't exist yet) but for
either
 a larger format camera or even a motion picture machine.  This was long
 before the American firm of Kalart took over the market for the Sp'd Graphic.

 An interesting item about this Leica RF is that it was from the estate of the
 1932/36 American Olympic Equestrian Medalist - Hiram Tuttle.  He probably
 acquired it at the 1936 Berlin Olympische but I think his medals were won in
 1932 at the Los Angeles held Olympics.  I have both German photo books of
 these 2 events which fellow LUGger Alf Breull was so kind to obtain for me in
 Germany as they are quite rare here in the U.S.

 Marvin Moss