Subject: Re: [Leica] TID> Fixed Mirror
From: "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 20:43:08 -0700

A key thing is that mirrors in SLRs that
lose 20% to 30% are feeding it to meters,
focusing sensors, and so forth.  The film
sees 100% of the light.  And any dirt,
smears, etc on the mirror are out of the path
of the photo.

An RS or RT (basically an Eos630 with a pellical
mirror) loses 2/3 stop of the exposure as seen at
the film, and of course, you must keep the mirror
clean.

I like Eos1nRS cameras very much, and think
they're the most M6 like of SLRs.  (Shocked?
Here's a list of things that both cameras get you:)
1. When you press the release, the camera
    fires, RIGHT NOW.
2. You can see the subject continuously (big
    win with a rapidwinder, no pullling the camera
    from your face.)
3. Both releases have excellent feel.
4. Both cameras mount wonderful lenses.
5. Both fit well in my hand (though maybe not yours.)

Obviously, there are a million differences, but
most of them apply to any SLR.  I'll take pellical
mirror to get the great behavoir.  Of course, when
it gets too dark, I get out an M6...