Subject: [Leica] Noctilux fever.......
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@home.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 02:12:36 -0700

Tina and Guido, you'll be proud of me when you hear what I
did this weekend!

I went into my local dealer with my 24/2.8 ASPH, planning on
trading it for something else I would use more, like another
M body or whatever.  John, my buddy at the delaer, told me
that some guy had special ordered a Noctilux 3 months ago
and that it came in 3 days ago.  He bought it, took it home, and
brought it back the next day saying it was too heavy!  Obviously
not a workhorse of a photographer!   Anyways, John bought it back
and grudgingly gave him back his money minus restocking fee.
So there it was........a brand NEW Noctilux, not even having seen
a roll of film, sitting on the back shelf of the shop, not even ready
for display yet.   I saw it and broke out in a sweat.  I asked if I could
try it on my M6HM.  I said "my dear Noctilux, what a large front
element you have!"  She said with a coo,  "the better to gather
light for you and give you amazing photographs!"  It was love
at first sight!  I snatched her up and never looked back....luckily
John gave me full credit for my 24/2.8 return, but I have no regrets.
Now, I too can capture the sprit of darkness!!  Thanks for piqueing
my interest in this Goddess of a lens Tina and Guido!

Francesco
fls@5senses.com