Subject: Re: [Leica] Superb Leica R8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 08:31:51 -0500

At 06:22 AM 5/31/98 +0000, you wrote:

>is that I don't think that you can easily separate the issue of design
from the issue of
>ergonomy, as they're forever married by the designers intention (more so
in modern

I think you are right. The design is part and parcel with the result,
ergonomics. I think the main reason the R8 is so thick, and this is just my
theory based on some few things I've read, is for future expansion. They
must already have some things in mind.

>The R8's shape is well thought out and could easily be thought of as a
revolutionary
>turning point in the future. The real question in my mind is: Will it, or
is Porsche's
>Contax design team (who're oddly more conservative than Leica in this
instance) finally
>going to lead the way?

I doubt they will lead. The EOS1n aesthetic seems to have taken the forefront.

(A2E? - I think they just decided how the cheapest way to build a camera
was the best way to build it.)
- --
=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
The world's full of apathy, and I don't care.