Subject: Re: [Leica] Scotch trolling
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 19:40:56 +0100

Paul Chefurka wrote:

>What is it about Leicas and malts?  I guess good
>taste always shows.

Hi Paul,

When I give photography lectures I usually start off with:  "Real
photographers shoot Black & White, Eat Sushi and drink single malt Scotch!"

Some times I add  "shoot B&W with a Leica" or "not necessarily in that order!"

>In my basement I have the "Hall of Shame" - the
>bottles and tubes of 73 different single or vatted
>malts, all empty.  Although with a collection like
>that, you'd think there would be more memories
>attached to it than there seem to be...

Well that's a fair number alright and well ahead of me, but 90% of mine
(around 40) are either full or just barely "taste tested!" :) It's tough
keeping them full when friends come to visit.:) Hell they all want to do
their own testing.:)

>BTW, I agree about Lagavulin.  If there was ever a
>monument to the distiller's art, that is it!

Love it!!!! :)

>For extra points - what are the three whiskies that
>come from the Isle of Skye?>>>>>>

I thought there was only one of any real importance, Talisker! What are the
other two?   And do they come with a Leica? :)

ted