Subject: [Leica] thanks for the review
From: Jim Coduto <jcoduto@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 22:55:43 -0700

i want to thank erwin, ken, eric, rob, mary and heinz for you critique of
the images of my mother. they will soon be ready for publication. the
text is being finalized now. at eric's persistent suggestions i put a
selection up on my web site. if anyone would like to take a look at them
please go to:<br>
</a><br>
there are more than 100 images that i have taken of my mother's very
rapid progression through alzheimer's disease. the images that appear are
just a selection.=A0 as you will notice she went from a relatively healthy
appearing woman in mid 1997 to a near a skeleton in restraints today in a
nursing home here in california. there is nothing pretty about
alzheimer's disease.<br>
my mother always encouraged my photography in fact, she gave me my first
camera -- a brownie hawkeye -- when i was six. i drove her crazy and
spent my allowances for film and developing. she stopped me from trying
to take a picture of the sun when i was 8--thanks! but said that i could
take a picture of her anytime because i always made her look=20
pretty.<br>
my m6=A0 is with me all the time so it seemed natural to chronicle her
progress thru her disease toward her eventual death--which i believe is
near. the images are painful to my brother and my sister just refuses to
look at them. maybe this is just a way to say thanks one more time for
that brownie and all that it did for me.<br>
anyway thank you for your thoghtful comments and more are welcome...esp.
thanks eric for everything...<br>
all the best...<br>
jim<br>
<BR>