Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #93
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 14:04:33 -0400

At 11:18 AM 6/1/98 EDT, the Sinister tonynyx44 wrote:
>Eh you'd hafta ask the dealer. He GAVE it to me as a thank you for me doing
>business with him to the tune of $3000 PLUS. (with more to come) You act like
>something sinister occurred...

Tamarkin is astonishingly wonderful to deal with, something I have
trumpeted, wild and wide and long, for years.  These guys DO know what they
are doing.  (Besides, they sell at least one of my books, so who am I to
quibble with them!)

Leica now produces extremely few filters.  For most purposes, their are
only two choices, B+W (with a Schneider connexion) or Heliopan (with a
slight Zeiss connexion).  Even Zeiss now makes an extremely limited filter
range, and recommends Heliopan for most purposes.

And then there's my love, Harrison & Harrison, the last American-made
filter now that Tiffen has rathter dishonestly shifted production to Japan.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!