Subject: Re: [Leica] Grip for R6.2
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 15:49:32 -0600

At 01:41 PM 01/06/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Does anyone know if there is a 3rd party that makes a grip for the R6.2
>(something along the lines of the M grip).

Can't help with handgrips for a bare body.  Sorry.  Harrison recommended
the handgrip R to me.  (14308)  Unfortunately, it works with the
motor-winder-R or the motor-drive-R, but it provides a very comfortable,
secure camera grip.  I use an R6 with the motor-drive-R.  The camera is a
gem with this combination.

>Duane: Got the F1n back from CLA today and had the chance to compare it with
>the 80-200L mounted to the R6.2 with the 80-200 vario elmar.  No question,
>the Canon combination is better balanced a little lighter, smaller overall,
>and generally handles better.  Hope the Leica glass makes it worthwhile!

It is a toss-up which handles better.  I use both of these.  The F1N (do
you really mean the F1n??, whose motor drive is a heavy old dog) handles
very well.  The way the camera handles is important.  If you can make
adjustments while looking through the viewfinder and concentrating on the
subject, then it is more likely that you will not miss something important.

- -GH