Subject: [Leica] Powerful image
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:49:59 +0200

LUG-niks
I keep seeing references on the LUG to powerful images.  In particular
to photographs by Bresson, Capa, Grant etc.  What is a powerful image?

A powerful image to me (for instance) is to look down and see a snake
slithering over my boot.  Assuming I had the presence of mind to take a
photograph of that event, the resulting picture would be quite bland as
no attempt at composition could be made.

I can understand a spectacular picture, (when you say WOW).  But what
on earth is a powerful one?

Alan Hull