Subject: Re: [Leica] "powerful pictures"
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 15:17:49 -0400

At 03:28 PM 02-06-98 EDT, Dave wrote:
>It doesn't take a Leica scientist to figure out the improbability of Capa
>photographing one solder being shot, then another in the same spot/pose after
>the first was hauled off. I just don't think so.
>But would people care if they knew?

It probably doesn't matter if it was staged or not, but for what it's worth
I was reading in a recent magazine (sorry, can't remember the name right
now, I will look for it) that the photo was finally determined NOT to have
been staged.  The soldier in the photo was in fact identified, and it was
known that he was killed the day the photo was taken.

Dan C.