Subject: Re: [Leica] pedantic semantics
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 18:50:14 -0400

At 04:42 PM 6/2/98 -0400, Stan Yoder, now, I suspect, a Certified Geezer,
wrote:
> as they say here in Picksboigh

Excuse me, brother:  you may inhabit it now, but you weren't raised there.
It is "the Burgh", without more.  Those who are in the know, know what you
mean.  Those who don't know, well, they really don't seem to need to know,
now, do they?

And it is never "Pennsylvania", just "the Commonwealth".

Immigrants!  Argh.  Whatever can you do with them!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!