Subject: Re: [Leica] Powerful image
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 17:16:44 -0700

You have coined a great term for the type of photography you
describe....."anti-photography."  To the trained eye, it appears
to have been shot by a 1 year old or, at best, a 5 year old.
Nonetheless, some of the proponents of this new artform spend
time, as most of us do, to create "something different."  I myself
don't waste time trying to create "anti-photos," but I certainly leave
my mind open to them as viable artistic creations.  This style seems
to be quite popular nowadays, as does anti-establishment modern
art of any kind.  It is a force to be reckoned with, to say the least.
I, for one, actually like and admire some of the creative techniques
some of these photographers use, and though it sometimes seems
they are shooting blindly and creating outtakes, they are most likely
spending as much time creating their "masterpieces" as most of us
LUGgers do.