Subject: Re: [Leica] "powerful pictures"
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 20:21:08 -0500

At 03:17 PM 6/2/98 -0400, you wrote:

>It probably doesn't matter if it was staged or not, but for what it's worth
>I was reading in a recent magazine (sorry, can't remember the name right
>now, I will look for it) that the photo was finally determined NOT to have
>been staged.  The soldier in the photo was in fact identified, and it was
>known that he was killed the day the photo was taken.

Atlantic Monthly, I belive. May, I think, of this year.

But I suspect that will continue to crop up, just like Kennedy's death (I
probably shouldn't have written that), and the Iwo Jima flag raising. That
was not staged either, but just try to convince those who choose to believe
against all the evidence. Not that I'm skeptical or anything, but these
issues never seem to die.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Ever wonder how the guy that drives the snowplow gets to work in the
morning?