Subject: Re: [Leica] Photokina '98
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 00:11:45 EDT

Raimo is absolutely right.  Kölsch beer can only be brewed and sold in the
Cologne area.  It is usually served in a straight sided .3L glass.  My family
is from the Cologne area, and they like to tell the story of when the folks
from Munich come to Cologne, they laugh at the small glasses.  They contend
that beer should only be drunk by the liter (ein Mass).  To their surprise, a
few glasses of Kölsch knocks them on their a**.
Anyway, look forward to hoisting a few with fellow LUGgers at Photokina.
They're some great restaurants that also brew their own beer within walking
distance of the Messe.
I think we will have to make a field trip!

Bill Rosauer