Subject: Re: [Leica]M Elmarit 28mm
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@jnlcom.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:47:23 -0500

Adi,

I have used both the 3rd and 4th versions of the 28 and find the current
lens excellent.  It is smaller than the 3rd version and blocks less of
the viewfinder, but the 28 lines are so wide a good portion of the lower
right corner is still blocked, just the nature of the beast.  The hood on
the current lens has a clip on lens cap that is nice and allows the hood
to be left in place.  Also an interesting note, the front element is
flat, quite usual to look at.  The current 28 produces beautiful chromes
and is one of my favorite lenses.  I almost never take this lens off of
my camera.

Paul C. Brodek wrote

>Haven't mounted a 4th version on my cameras, so I can't tell you how
>much less of the finder it blocks.  The 4th version is s a little
>shorter and has a smaller diameter front element, but someone who has
>used both will have to fill you in as to the difference through the
>finder.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto