Subject: [Leica] oops, I think
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 17:43:03 -0500

Somehow a private message to me from Don Chatterton made it to the Leica
list. I don't know if he meant it to be private and sent it accidentally to
the Leica list, or I hit the reply to all button by mistake. That's not
important. He didn't want the question to be on the list.

I, additionally, never intentionally post a private message on this, or any
other, list that has been sent to me privately. That's my policy, and I'm
sticking to it. Whatever happened, I apologize to Don if I in any way
embarrassed him or whatever.

I NEVER meant to imply he was rumor mongering. He wasn't, obviously, since
he wanted it to be private. I was talking about the Japanese dealers who
made the original Hoya/75 Summilux claim.

I hope that sets the record straight.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Computers can never replace human stupidity