Subject: Re: [Leica] Summilux, was: Noctilux
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 06:37:47 -0400

At 09:19 AM 04-06-98 +0100, Lucien wrote:

>Dan,
>
>It's funny that when a Luger hope that a lens will
>be improved, there is is always an other Luger who ask why.
>
>But when the new lens is there,
>(usually with Leica, much improved),
>all the LUG understand why.

I guess I'm one of those people who believes in improving things only when
improvements are needed, and I don't beleive that there is anything
sufficiently wrong with the performance of the old summilux to warrant any
changes.  A counter example would be the old 35/1.4.  In spite of its
'charm', there were deficencies in it that were answered by the 35/1.3
ASPH.  I don't think there are any such deficencies in the current 50
summilux.

Besides, I now own 2 35 summiluxes, and I don't relish the idea of
springing for a new 50.  ;-)

Dan C.