Subject: Re: [Leica] crap guts?
From: nod <smackphoto@bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 13:42:44 +0100

just out of interest in this R3 discussion, the R3 had a shutter made by
seiko (the ef430) which was the same as the Pentax ME Super. I had an ME
super from new and burnt a good few thoussand rolls through it and the
shutter never failed once, out of every camera I have ever seen whether
battered or brand new I have only heard of a failed shutter once and
that was due to a sand storm in the Sahara, when the "backpacker" tried
to change films to record the moment.