Subject: [Leica] 180 repair qs.
From: "James Burris" <jabu@direct.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 10:00:30 -0700

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BD8F9F.9B7A56A0

Hi,

My beloved 180 f2.8 elmarit R (2nd ver) focus ring popped loose the other
day.  Myself, being the worst tinkerer in the whole world decided that I'd
take a look inside.  After having most of the lens apart on the kitchen
table, I managed to fix the problem - a rubber seal in the focus mechanism.
 That said, the focus ring is a little misaligned, and pictures taken at
infinity don't seem as crisp as before.  So, I need to ship it to the best
Leica hospital for some TLC.  Can anyone help with suggestions?  It needs
to be taken apart and put back together properly.  I'm afraid to ship it to
Leica as they may take it away from me for being such a bad owner!  :)

Thanks,

James

P.S.  For those tempted...don't take apart one of these lenses, I've fixed
lenses from other brands, but these are much more complicated!   IMHO  :)

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BD8F9F.9B7A56A0

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"MS Sans Serif">Hi,<br><br>My beloved 180 f2.8 =
elmarit R (2nd ver) focus ring popped loose the other day. &nbsp;Myself, =
being the worst tinkerer in the whole world decided that I'd take a look =
inside. &nbsp;After having most of the lens apart on the kitchen table, =
I managed to fix the problem - a rubber seal in the focus mechanism. =
&nbsp;That said, the focus ring is a little misaligned, and pictures =
taken at infinity don't seem as crisp as before. &nbsp;So, I need to =
ship it to the best Leica hospital for some TLC. &nbsp;Can anyone help =
with suggestions? &nbsp;It needs to be taken apart and put back together =
properly. &nbsp;I'm afraid to ship it to Leica as they may take it away =
from me for being such a bad owner! =
tempted...don't take apart one of these lenses, I've fixed lenses from =
other brands, but these are much more complicated! &nbsp;&nbsp;IMHO =
&nbsp;:)</p>
- ------=_NextPart_000_01BD8F9F.9B7A56A0--