Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG -- what's the point?
From: "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 23:00:35 -0700

for what it's worth, Edmund Scientific, of all
people, sells some little free-standing scopes
very suitable for looking at film.
They are made by Peak, and sort of pricey
($300) but much easier to apply to the problem
than a "real" microscope.  I can hunt up
part numbers if anybody cares.

And of course, sharpness as delivered on
the film is what really matters.  a pure mechanical
rangefinder checker wouldn't find problems
like the film plane not being where the otherwise
correct rangefinder thinks it is.

bmw