Subject: Re: [Leica] Pradovit P150--very nice, but....
From: "Sander van Hulsenbeek" <vanhulsenbeek@wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 21:58:16 +0200

<Charles and Jeff wrote:
- ------------------------------
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:54:54 -0600
Subject: Re: [Leica] Pradovit P150--very nice
- - -----Original Message-----
From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@emerald.ucsc.edu>
>I just got my new Pradovit P150 projector in the mail yesterday. I got it
>with the 90/2.5 Colorplan flat field lens. It is a very solidly built
>projector, quite heavy for its size. The autofocus works well, and I was
>particularly impressed with the design of the remote; it's an improvement
>over the Kodak models.
Thank you for that review, Charlie,
I think Kodak makes a very solid, trouble-free mechanism, but I've never
been really satisfied with the projected results, but recall being told that
Leica has a lens adaptor sleeve (plastic, uncataloged item, around $90)
which will allow the use of their lenses, and I'm wondering if anyone's
tried this, and can vouch for the results, as Carousel projectors do appear
for $20 from time to time.
I have seen the Pradovit 2002 in operation with the 90 Colorplan, and was
most impressed, as the improvement was not subtle, and seemed to work well
with glass and cardboard-mounted slides alike.  I think I may still be able
to get a Pradovit 2500 w/90 Colorplan at around $550, but it's big, and the
idea of being able to carry a tiny projector about for occasional slide
shows is appealing. Do you find the P150 adequately bright when projecting
poster-sized images onto a plain white wall?

My, very good, source tells me that Leica will start doing Ektapro
projectors under the Leica Brand and, best of all:

will start making projection lenses, fit for "carousel" projectors.

So all you guys, ditching their fine Kodak S-AV 20x0 projectors: stop, and
start saving for those wonderfull Leica lenses!

Watch the Photokina!

How's that for news!
Sander

- -----