Subject: Re: [Leica] Staged or Candid (was another thing)
From: nod <smackphoto@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 00:28:42 +0100

> Well I care very much if a NEWS image is staged or candid.  This is one
> of the reasons I would never buy a tabloid (so called) newspaper like
> the British XXX, because I think they will be one of the first to
> manipulate digital photos of not so dramatic scenes.

hate to tell you, but all the british press manipulate their images
somehow, whether it be by darkening backgrounds to make the main subject
stand out, applying gaussian blurs to make more out of focus areas more
hazy or even removing mud from the legs of rugby players. All this is
done by the photographers prior to wiring the pictures in, but is also
done by the papers themselves.