Subject: Re: Was: [Leica] Noctilux Now: Summilux
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 21:40:40 EDT

<< While there may be a touch of truth in all this, it strikes me as the
 height of absurdity for someone to pine for improvement in a lens he or she
 has never even used.  >>

Which just goes to show the diversity of this group.  While this concept is
absurd to Bill Welsh, it the height of intelligence and good planning to me.
By the way Bill, to make it worse I am also waiting for the 90 2.0 APO instead
of getting the current 90 2.0.  Although the comments about the existing 50
1.4 and the existing 90 2.0 have made me consider getting both of these lenses
as well as their replacements.  Sometimes the softer effect with uncorrected
aberrations can result in nice photos for certain select situations.

I have notices the prices for the current 90 2.0 have dropped at some photo
dealers, but the price for the 50 1.4 has not yet started to  decline.  I
guess the price will not decline until the new 50 1.4 is officially announced.

Tom Shea