Subject: Re: [Leica] Eric or Someone Wrote:
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 20:51:02 -0500

At 01:27 AM 6/5/98 -0400, you wrote:

> Interesting comment Eric in the light of what many LUGgers have written that
> all this data only interferes with the taking of a picture.  Personally I am
>even
> bothered by the little red LCDs & prefer a clean & uncluttered viewfinder -
>but
> that's what make horse racing. --------------------------   Marvin
(Stallion)

Ohh, Marvin, you must be good with the ladies, er, phillies. :-)

I think it's more important how the data is revealed in the viewfinder than
whether it's there or not. I really like the way the R8 shows the data.
It's all outside the actual viewing area. And all very simple and clean.
Just enough. I and LOVE seeing the frame count. Not just the last nine like
in an EOS1n, but all the way through the roll. Though I have to admit, I
often ignore it to my dismay. And with my M6, I some times don't check my
exposure quick enough because I don't see the lights.

I'm pretty good at concentrating on the task at hand and ignoring
distracting elements. I think it goes back to the days when my mother could
yell at me while I was watching TV to clean up my room and I'd not hear
her. But let her whisper, "you want some cake?" and watch my ears perk up. :-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

 Go around the barn at high noon to avoid colloquialisms.