Subject: Re: [Leica] Film loading on M3
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 20:34:14 -0400

Nathan,

I have an M3 DS and an M2 and I love them both. I've gotten quite used
to their film loading and can do it while walking. I don't own an M6 so
I have nothing to compare to. I do have an extra take-up spool so I can
have another roll of film ready to go already inserted into the spare
spool and then I just pop it in. As for use with the 75 I don't know
what to say since there are no corresponding frame lines. Do they make
an auxiliary finder for that focal length? One other thing you may want
to consider, I believe Tom Abrahamsson said that Mr. Mueller can modify
the drive in an M3 to that of an M6 so it can be used with his
Rapidwinder. You may also want to consider this.

Carl Socolow