Subject: Re: [Leica] Superiority of M over SLR
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 21:52:05 +0100

Chris wrote:

>I lost a whole bunch of shots today, because I was using an SLR by another
>famous maker.>>>>>>>>

Before you blame the SLR of another famous maker, maybe you should look at
how fast you are personally in using the equipment. :)

And it doesn't matter whether it's Leica or someone else.  There is a
degree of learning how to shoot "fast moving objects"  whether it's an M or
R or someone elses SLR.

Having used mainly Leica SLR cameras for my sports work these many long
years and the Canon SLR autofocus gear for a few. It takes time to develop
a feeling for "shooting the Blue Heron" whether it over flies you once or a
hundred times in the day!

They are fast moving objects, but a "wire finder" is as useless as tits on
a bull if you don't learn to follow the moving object as it moves. And that
means an athlete in the 100 meter final or a blue heron! :)

There isn't any superiority of the M over the R camera in this situation!
It is the person handling the gear that must get it to-gether regardless of
equipment.

And a longer lens on an M wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

ted

<<<<<<I should have used my 135mm/2.8 first-version Elmarit (before