Subject: Re: [Leica] Words of Wisdom! => Actual Practice Notes
From: "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 02:02:33 -0700

So, I'm just back from a race weekend
(driving) in CA.  I carried about with
me a little black bag, smaller than
some women's purses.  Camera,
3 lenses, including 2 f1.4s.

About 1/3 of shots were at f1.4.

All shots were only possible because
after 40 lbs of helmet, suit, gloves, etc,
I just don't have energy left for "big"
camera gear.  Little bag with little
Leica gear is almost always bearable.

And the lenses can see in the dark.

So, if I didn't misload the film or otherwise
screw up, there will be shots of my
S.O. across the dinner table,
shots of the deer on the Pebble Beach
golf course, etc.

On a related note, I've been carrying
an M6 with a 40mm f2. Summicron
originally intended as a lens for a CL.
I pretend it's a 50 (as does the viewfinder.)
It's main claim to fame is that it's about
as small as you could get and still be
able to set f-stop and focus.  It is smaller
in use than a 50f2.8 collapsible is
when retracted.  Makes a nice pocket
camera.  Will see film soon.  Don't expect
it to match my 35f1.4asph, but a camera
in the hand is worth 7 in the closet.
(40f2 gets carried by itself, never with
 other lenses.)

(Oh, and I too once owned an AF Sigma that
 behaved badly.)

bmw