Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Hi Signal when Shooting Metz 40MZ-2 TTL Flash in Shadows
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 20:30:01 -0500

At 08:19 AM 6/11/98 -0400, you wrote:

>can not the flash still stay 1 & 2/3rds f-stop below the ambient light. All
>I want is a bit of sparkle and a freshening up of the light from the flash,
>not a blast to ruin the scene. Any ideas? Both of my R8's behave the same
>way.

Dial down more than 1-2/3 stops. What aperture was in the camera? Was it
wide open? Then it probably was not giving good ambient exposure, which is
critical to good fill-flash technique.

Try using manual mode too. That's really good for fill flash.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

You know how to make God laugh? Make a plan. - Anonymous