Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos on the Web
From: "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 01:51:03 -0700

Seems to me that a commercial scan could
capture way way more than most monitors
could show.

And a large part of what makes a great
photo rather than just a snapshot is in
image clarity, contrast, and detail, the
things that are hard or impossible to show
on monitors.  (Even people who run lots
of pixels on small screens, like me, never
get past 200dpi.  70dpi is more common.)

Even so, I've enjoyed looking at various
people's pix on the web.

bmw